Effective date: May 28, 2021.
Who we are
The E & Lai Art Gallery (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the website address, https://artworksg.com.
This page explains our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data when you use or purchase, as applicable, our website, products and services (collectively, the “Services”).
What personal data we collect and why we collect them
Personal information means information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that person. Such information may include, but is not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Billing address
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Delivery address
- Financial information
- Information you provide about your preferences and interests
- Information you enter in forms relating to the Services
- Information you may provide to us through other social media services;
- Transaction information, including your purchase activity
- Inquiry information, including when you use the Services to contact us
- Information based on your use of any other features of the Services
- E-mail, phone or any other communications between you and us
- Certain information about how you access and use the Services. Examples of this information may include but are not limited to Internet browser, operating system, device, and application identifiers, IP address and geo-location information, access times and dates, referring and exit pages, click-stream data, search queries, pages viewed, time spent on pages, bounce rate, and login frequency
We collect your personal data only through the Services and other modes of communication such as e-mail, phone or text or otherwise.
We may also receive or collect additional information about you from third parties, including but not limited to demographic information, additional contact information, and credit history information from credit bureaus or other sources, and we may add this information to our records, as permitted by law.
Our main purposes for collecting personal data are as follows:
- To provide our Services, including but not limited to new Services that we may later develop, to you (including but not limited to customer support, managing your relationship with us, processing payment or credit transactions, and notifying you when updates to the Services are available)
- To customise and improve our Services to make your experience more secure and convenient (including improving the quality of our Services through the performance of quality reviews and similar activities and creating de-identified or anonymised information which is not used or intended to be used to personally identify an individual for the purposes of data analytics and research);
- Where you have provided consent, to market and promote our Services to you (including but not limited to providing you with promotional messages, newsletters, e-mails, products and services)
- To comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority
- For any other purposes for which you have provided the information
- For any other incidental business purposes relating to or in connection with the above
We only collect personal data about you that we consider reasonably necessary for achieving these purposes, such data may be provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data.
We will maintain a file about you and your use of our Services. We will collect, use and retain the data in your file, and such other data that we may obtain from time to time in connection with your current and past activities on the Services, for as long as the purpose for which the data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes or the purposes of our normal business operations, which includes the above purposes.
We may also look across multiple users to identify problems, and in particular, we may examine your personal data to identify users using multiple user-IDs or aliases. We may also compare and review your personal data for errors, omissions and/or accuracy.
We may track certain information based upon your behaviour on the Services. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour to better understand, protect and serve our users in general and you in particular.
Under some circumstances, we may require certain financial information from you. We will use your financial information to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information, detect any fraud or other criminal activity, and bill you for your use of our Services.
Cookies are small text files that are used to store pieces of data and assist us in providing the Services. They are stored on your browser when you load a website. Cookies are usually used for remembering your password and your preferences. They enable a better and personalised user experience for you on the Services.
How long we retain your data
What rights you have over your data
Your Data Protection Rights Under Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The rights to access. You can request a copy of your personal information in an easily accessible format and information explaining how that information is used.
The rights of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The rights to delete. In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information, except information we are required to retain by law, regulation, or to protect the safety, security, and integrity of E & Lai Art Gallery.
The rights to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. E & Lai Art Gallery process your personal information only upon your request.
Where we send your data
As a matter of policy, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties (whether for their marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent. However, we may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (the “Service Providers”) and assist us in performing the miscellaneous services.
These third parties may access your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit the Facebook Data Policy web page: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/privacy-and-data
We use third-party Service Providers for payment processing.
The payment processors we work with is Stripe, Inc.
For more information on the privacy practices of Stripe, Inc., please visit Stripe Privacy Center: https://stripe.com/privacy-center/legal
Disclosure of data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under a contract with you).
We may also disclose your anonymised data to data analytic platforms and other technical support providers.
Security of data
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. However, there is no such thing as “perfect security” and we do not guarantee in any way, and you should not expect, that your personal data or private communications will always remain private and/or safe from any abuse or misuse by third parties.
As “perfect security” does not exist, each of us and our affiliates, related companies, and third party service providers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents do not represent or warrant that there will not be, and hereby disclaim any responsibility or liability directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with, any loss, theft, or unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copyi modification, disposal or similar actions with regard to any data held or maintained by any of the aforesaid entities or persons.
If you would like to contact us on any data privacy related matters, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to us.